Working with the Android app
The Help Scout Android app puts our powerful help desk software in your pocket so you can easily support customers while on the go. It allows you to be able to keep track of conversations with your customers, as well as be able to collaborate with your team, all with the convenient factor of being able to work wherever you are in the world.
In this article
Downloading the app
Head to the app listing in the Google Play Store and click the Install button to download the app. It's free and all Help Scout users can utilize it.
Downloading updated versions
While this depends on your user settings, by default the Google Play Store will try to download and update your device when it's connected to Wi-Fi and not on low battery.
Here are all the neat features and things you can do within the Android app:
- Access all conversations in your folders
- Quickly reply to customers
- Add CC/BCCs to keep everyone in the loop who needs to be
- Respond to recurring questions with Saved Replies
- Edit conversation drafts
- Receive notifications about new conversations
- Log in using the Google account associated with Help Scout
- Collaborate by adding notes to conversations
- Assign conversations to team members
- Change conversation status to close open or hold on for deeper investigation
- Tag conversations
- Move conversations between mailboxes
- Forward conversations outside of Help Scout
Using the app
Entering a mailbox
To open a mailbox, tap the mailbox name from the dashboard screen. To get back to the dashboard, swipe to the right, or tap the Help Scout logo in the top left corner.
Searching for conversations
From the folder view, tap the magnifying glass in the top right corner to start searching. Hit enter, and results will show all conversations with the matching keyword.
Moving between folders
Tap the Help Scout logo in the top left to view and select a folder.
Moving between conversations
From any folder, swipe left or right to move to the next or previous conversation.
Sending a reply
To open the reply editor, tap the blue Reply arrow in the bottom-right corner. Type your reply, add a Cc or Bcc if needed, then tap the blue Send button in the bottom right corner to send your reply.
Adding a note
To add a note to the conversation, tap on the Note icon in the top navigation bar, type your note, then tap the yellow Add Note button.
Swipe down in a folder view to load new conversations, or in a conversation to load new replies, notes and other updates such as assignee changes.
Thoughts, feedback, suggestions? We’d love to hear it all!