Get Started with Live Chat
When you enable Chat in Beacon, you will manage the chat and chat transcript from the Mailbox associated with that Beacon.
Enable Chat in Beacon
- Click on the Contact tab in the left sidebar.
- Turn the Chat toggle on.
- Hit the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
User Availability and Maximum Chats
Before you can start chatting with customers, you'll need to set your chat status to Available and make sure that you're set to take a reasonable amount of chats.
FYI: Sidebar Updates
- To view the chat interface, click on the Chat link in the sidebar.
- A red notification dot means there are chats waiting to be accepted.
- The count you see next to the Chat icon reflects the number of waiting chats, plus any active chats that are assigned to you.
- Once you’re viewing the chat area, you can hover over the sidebar icons to get back to your main mailbox folders. Here's a quick overview of the chat interface: About the Chat Interface