User Availability and Maximum Chats
About User Availability
To help reduce missed chats, customers can talk with your team only when a User is available to chat. When chat is enabled in a Beacon, you can set your chat availability from the Account dropdown menu in the top right corner of Help Scout. Here’s the scoop on each status:
- Available - You’re ready to accept incoming chats. You’ll appear as available to chat with customers in Beacon.
- Assign Only - You’re not ready to accept new chats, but your teammates can assign ongoing chats to you.
- Unavailable - You don’t appear in Beacon, and you cannot take on new or assigned chats. If a User is inactive or exits Help Scout, their status will automatically change to Unavailable.
About Maximum Chats
- The Maximum Chat value represents total chats across all mailboxes.
- The default value is set at 3. We think 3-6 is a good number to help prevent customers from waiting, but pick a number that works for you and your team.
- 0 isn’t a supported value. If you want to turn off chat, set yourself to Unavailable.