3 Steps to Organizing and Optimizing Your Help Scout Account
Now that you have your email flowing freely into your Help Scout Mailbox, the next three steps will keep everything running smoothly, both in the queue and behind the scenes. By the end of these three steps, you will:
- Organize and track trends on conversations
- Build your perfect support super suite with the tools you know and love
- Set your customers up for self-service success
Basically, all the reasons Help Scout likely caught your eye in the first place.
Step 1. Track and organize conversations
When should I use a Tag?
When should I use a Folder?
When should I use both?
How can I make all this less work?
Step 2. Set up Beacon and Integrate your favorite apps
Create your Beacon, create as many Beacons as you want in fact! Beacon is a widget that you can embed to help your customers - with live chat and quick email in to your team, proactive Messages out to your customers, and Docs articles all served in one tiny corner pocket. Add Beacon to your Website or App, and you're on your way.
Connect the all the rest of the dots, .com, ly, .io, and more! Help Scout integrates with many of your favorite apps already — pop over to Manage > Apps to take a look at what's available. If you don't find what you're looking for there, you can build your own apps to pull in information from other tools your team uses.
Here are a few integrations we offer and how you’ll find them useful:
- Phone: Manage voicemails from several popular providers, or connect a call center software like Aircall or TalkDesk if you need something more robust.
- CRM: Sync your sales and support efforts by connecting your CRM to Help Scout conversations. Capsule and Pipedrive are the most popular.
- Slack: Our most popular integration by far, and really in a league of it’s own. Bring incoming conversation into a Slack channel for immediate alerts, as well as customer satisfaction ratings and comments. It’s essential: Slack
- Ecommerce: Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento. Get your customer’s order information connected to every Help Scout conversation. That’s what we have in store for your store.
- Build your own apps: Maybe Todd in IT hacked together some internal management system years ago, or Beth in ops found a perfect CMS solution for you a little off the beaten path. Connect with your other internal systems or anything your heart desires with an app. Just point your developer team here to get started: Apps. App development will require coding know-how and might need a lot, depending on what you want to do, just a heads up.
Step 3. What’s up, Docs?
But wait…there’s more!
Continue your journey with Help Scout by checking out our Docs site or reaching out to our helpful customer success team to hone your Help Scout experience.