Social Media and SMS Integrations (powered by Smooch)
Smooch is a messaging platform and provides a mobile software development kit (SDK) for in-app messaging, social integrations with Facebook Messenger and Twitter Direct Messages, or SMS messages using Twilio or WhatsApp. Integrating Help Scout with Smooch will seamlessly sync all of your communications between the two systems. When a customer reaches out from your mobile app, you can continue the conversation from Help Scout. Check out the snapshot below to see how it will look in action:
1. Head over to Smooch, and click on the purple Sign up to install button. This will take you to Smooch's log-in page where you can either log in or sign up for a new account.
2. Once you've created a new account, click on the black Create a new Smooch app button. Name the app Help Scout.
3. On the next page, scroll down just a bit and click the Connect channels button.
4. Click on Helpdesks under the Categories sidebar, then click on the Help Scout tile.
5. On the next page, click the Connect button under the Help Scout logo. After connecting the app, you'll be redirected to an API key overview page.
6. Jump back into your Help Scout account, head to the Account dropdown menu, and select Your Profile. From the left-hand sidebar, click on the Authentication section, followed by the API Keys tab. Click the Generate an API Key button.
7. Copy the API key you just generated in Help Scout, and paste it into the text field on the Smooch instructions page.
8. Click the purple Authenticate your Help Scout account button, and then click Proceed on the pop-up that appears regarding adding a single webhook. You'll then be taken to a confirmation page, where you can review your integration settings and make/save any changes.